Wednesday 14 November 2012

Heading on to Head On - Two Chairs

Head On Photo Festival is again about to be upon us. Well, there is a call for proposals. Today a sneak peak at the work I am putting forward to be exhibited next year.

To be honest I had thought I may skip this year as I have shown in half a dozen exhibitions this year including my solo show in Head On, "The Distracted Sky". The time calling for proposals this year was remarkably short for Head On, and I have been considering putting in a proposal for a show in the Ballarat International Foto Biennale.

However browsing through my image folder I happened upon this idea of two chairs which I had apparently been collecting unconsciously and unawares. I like that.

The series speaks to the notion of companionship, loss and solitude. Two chairs sit patiently, quietly waiting for activity to acknowledge their existence. Alone yet watchfully keeping in place the environment, those who claim this space as their own and the time that passes un-noted and unnoticed.

I'll be dedicating this series, Two Chairs, to my Mum and Dad.










 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this series Mr. and I find it even more poignant knowing that you have dedicated it to your parents x