Friday 30 September 2011

Finally...

Who would have thought that the Gosford Regional Art Prize would be hanging a photograph of the inside of a Galston toilet. I'm kinda pleased to say that I thought they might.

I took this image pretty much after just leaving the starting gate on the first leg of a road trip that took in Bathurst, Sofala, Hill End and Mudgee. (Not to mention our final stop on the side of the road just outside the Newcastle turnpike before the car was towed to a garage for recuperation and repairs)

This image will be hanging in the Gosford Regional Art Gallery from the 1st October until the 27th November. Please drop in and support the Gosford Regional Art Gallery (and me).


This is the second image I submitted for consideration to be hung in the Art Prize. An image I thought perhaps more likely to be hung than the image above. So pleased that I put 'The Wall' forward as it is more about where I am coming from these days. It's a good feeling that others can appreciate where I'm coming from as well. The image below is called 'Swimmer'.

I'd love to know which image you guys prefer if you'd care to comment.

2 comments:

52suburbs said...

Hey mister! I love them both actually. Love the way the greenery starts on the wall and continues in tree-form. But I also love the ship and the swimmer.
So can't choose. Nice problem to have! Lou x

James Murphy said...

Hey that's great