Friday 4 November 2011

Red Beans and Roses

Have been doing a fair bit of imaging of late. The camera always at hand, that sort of thing. Trouble is, you end up with an almighty filing and storage problem with images that range from a passing tattoo to decaying flowers or architectural oddities to a dead lizard on the footpath.
Storage is obviously on the computer, but if your not careful naming and archiving the images how in Bill Brandt's name do you find it again.

So I ended up with some random images of frying beans and of a bunch of roses all in the same folder. The beans were my attempt to make refried beans to go with Tacos one night. Only I happen to like refried beans at home so I thought I'd make my own on this occasion. After the frying (and they were really only fried once) I had to get the potato masher out to work them over and into a state that looked a little similar to the genuine article. They didn't ever look the same, or taste the same. I'll leave it at that.

The roses, a gift. Photographed here while still young and vibrant are, as I write quietly maturing in the bedroom. If ever two subjects were made for each other it is Red Beans and Roses. There is a visual magic between these two unlikely companions. And in a way do they not represent all that we need from the world. Sustenance, companionship and beauty. There is a reason they ended up snuggling close, the way only digital files can, together... in a folder... on my computer.




















No comments: